But a number of lawsuits in August 2019, in which rapid growth and the size of tariffs were appealed, violated the stipulated mechanism, and in September 2019 altogether changed it, significantly reducing the initially established tariffs. As a result of such actions, the Guaranteed Buyer State Enterprise had already had a huge budget deficit in settlements for purchased electricity at the green tariff by the end of 2019, and doubts regarding the final settlements for producers of electricity from renewable energy sources.
Since the beginning of 2020, the situation on the electricity market has not changed significantly. It is expected that one of the most important issues to be resolved will be the issue of electrical energy storage systems. In the meantime, for the implementation of the Law of Ukraine “On Amending Certain Laws of Ukraine regarding Providing Competitive Conditions for the Production of Electric Energy from Alternative Energy Sources”, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted the Resolution “On Introducing Competitive Conditions for Stimulating the Production of Electric Energy from Alternative Energy Sources”. The resolution approved:
- Procedure for conducting auctions on the allocation of support quotas;
- The procedure for selecting operators of electronic platforms for auctions for the distribution of support quotas;
- Powers of the State Enterprise "Prozorro. Sales" to ensure the functioning of the electronic trading system, having received the status of administrator of the electronic trading system.
- Size of annual support quotas;
- The size of the portion of the annual support quota unallocated at previous auctions;
- The size of the additional annual quota of support;
- Proposals of land for the construction of renewable energy facilities;
- Schedule of auctions, which determines the timing of their holding, the type and size of part of the annual quota.
- Other information on the organization and conduct of auctions.
It is expected that business entities that produce or intend to produce electric energy from alternative energy sources for those electric power facilities or the stages of their construction (start-up complexes) for which a “green” tariff was previously established or the right to support by auction results.